Thursday, November 25, 2010

fire lit and typing begun

Some houses are just right. The basement smells like a basement. Everything in the kitchen is where it should be. The old dog curls up at your feet like an old dog. I'm in one of those now.

I'm dog-sitting for a friend from the church choir, and I'm just so happy to be doing so. Sitting by the fire in the morning with a cup of coffee and my work computer all booted up and ready to go. My emails are checked, the dog's been let out and I'm about to fire off a message saying that I won't be going into the office because all that snow is expected to melt by tomorrow, and I will go in then.

It is hard for me to express just how well I live. I eat well. I sleep well. I have warm clothing and people to laugh with. I am consistently overwhelmed by all of this, but this morning, as I got the fire lit and my typing begun it hit me a little harder than usual.

No comments: